X config damaged by power failure

dwight at supercomputer.org dwight at supercomputer.org
Wed Apr 30 16:17:02 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 30 April 2008 09:16:33 am g wrote:
> also, you never know where disk heads are when something goes
> wrong.
>
> you should give some serious thought to putting an ups in line
> with mains.

This is good advice. I forgot to add one thing in my previous reply,
so let me do so now.

One might also want to look at using the stateless Linux hooks to set
up a read-only root filesystem. It requires a bit more thinking, but
I can say that for my own needs it works quite well. In this case,
it could've saved poc from a bit of trouble.

   -dwight-