kmail hangs

Marcel Janssen korgull at home.nl
Fri Aug 1 16:05:24 UTC 2008

Rex Dieter wrote:
> Marcel Janssen wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I have some problems with kmail.
>>
>> Basically it just hangs when :
>> 1) just after waiting some time (not touching a thing)
>> 2) going to Settings->configure kmail->Accounts.
>> 3) When I start kmail and just let it sit there, sometimes it wil receive
>> mail, but when I click the "check mail in" button it will hang.
>>
>> It only happens on this specific user account so I guess it's setting
>> related or the extremely large mail box may cause issues.
>>
>> Anyone knows a solution ?
>>

> file a bug/issue please (preferably upstream @ bugs.kde.org, provide as much
> detail and information as possible).  and let me know (or please CC: me on
> the bug, and I'll keep an eye on it).
>
> -- Rex

Thanks for all the replies.

Regarding filing a bug, I wouldn't even know what to file so I will try
to investigate it a bit further.
It seems from other replies it may have something to do with my folders.

Is there any way to get debugging info from kmail so that I know where
it stops ?

Regards,
Marcel