F8 & F9: Date & Time

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Sat Aug 2 01:55:46 UTC 2008

Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
> Yes, ntp is running and is properly, I believe.  It snaps in
> once I get the time setting close enough.  Somehow time
> is off anywhere from 2-8 hours in the past or in the future
> after a reboot.

In System > Administration > Date & Time
under the Network Time Protocol tab, under Advanced Options,
you can check the box:  Synchronize system clock before starting service
IIRC, this should correct your clock before ntpd starts....

I also seen to remember that it is possible to write your system's time
*back* to the CMOS clock during shutdown.  I just can't seem to find out
where that gets configured ATM.

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com