LCD Samsung SyncMaster 2232GW display setup ??

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Sat Aug 2 04:41:13 UTC 2008

Thanks Tim;

On Sat, 2008-08-02 at 13:01 +0930, Tim wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-08-01 at 23:17 -0400, William Case wrote:
> > I have a brand new LCD Samsung SyncMaster 2232GW Monitor. The
> > system-config-display does not have this exact LCD display registered.
> > It does offer the option of a Generic 1680 X 1050 LCD  Display.
> > However when I choose this and re-log in, everything remains unchanged
> > at Generic Monitor 1600 X 1200 (my previous CRT setting).  I would
> > like to get the 1680 x 1050 resolution on the Linux side of my dual
> > boot system.
>
> Have you set your screen resolution preferences?  That's a personal
> setting, separate from the display configuration.  For Gnome, look in
> the personal hardware preferences sub-menu.

Yes personal preferences were set to 1680 x 1050.  I guess I confused
myself because the icons etc. appeared bigger and cleaner than I
expected.  However, I have lost my trash icon.  gConfig-editor =>
Nautilus doesn't restore it. -- ??  That's a minor problem for tomorrow.

But it still begs the question; why doesn't xorg.conf reflect the
addition of my new LCD display?

--
Regards Bill;
Fedora 9, Gnome 2.22.3