Wireless LAN cards for Fedora?

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Sat Aug 2 16:10:59 UTC 2008

Todd Zullinger wrote:
> Colin Paul Adams wrote:
>> It doesn't seem to be available for FC6.
>
> Fedora Core 6 is not supported and hasn't been for well over a year.

Actually, since this is all "noarch" stuff which doesn't depend on
release, that's irrelevant, other than his needed to download it by hand.

> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/LifeCycle/EOL

Since some hardware vendors haven't moved beyond FC6, a lot of people
need to stay with it. Ubuntu has a better idea here, to make a version
every once in a while a LTS version, to encourage vendors to support it.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>