Installing from DVD image via ftp

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Aug 3 08:59:49 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-08-03 at 08:35 +0100, Colin Paul Adams wrote:
> I tried the same URL from firefox on the server - SELinux jumps in, so
> it looks like that is the problem.
>
> I then tried System->Adminstration->SELinux management, in the hope
> that I could switch of SELinux, but I can't seem to do so.

If you really want to disable it, the option's on the first page of that
management tool.

Current enforcing mode:  Enforcing/Permissive

Meaning that rules are enforced, or not.  In enforcing mode, the rules
are enforced.  In permissive mode, the rules are not enforced, things
are allowed, but logged.

The real solution would be to sort out the problem with loop mounting an
ISO and FTP serving it.  But it's ages since I've played with FTP
serving.  The last few times I've done network installs, it's been over
HTTP or NFS.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.11-97.fc9.i686