Disk error

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 3 14:27:16 UTC 2008

On Sunday 03 August 2008 14:30:01 Patrick Dupre wrote:
> Hello Anne,

Patrick, on technical lists 'top-posting' is frowned on - it makes long
threads hard to follow.

> I did tried xcdroast and GnomeBaker. both gave the same, ie. a DVD with
> directories: images, isolinux etc....
> I did not find a way to copy a .iso from the hard drive to the DVD !

OK - that answers one question.  Now the question of whether you have a good
burn.  Let's start with the download.  Did you follow the instructions at
http://fedoraproject.org/en/verify before burning?  And did you tell xcdroast
to verify the burn?

One last question.  Considering that you said it was an old laptop, have you
ever done an install from a DVD on that laptop before?  I ask because I have
an old laptop and had to install from the CD set.

Anne