mounting external usb drives

Gerhard Magnus magnus at agora.rdrop.com
Sun Aug 3 22:28:47 UTC 2008

The setup I had for my 2 external usb hard drives that worked in FC8
seems to be restricting use of these drives to root in FC9.

I added the directories /mnt/usb_232GB and /mnt/usb_93B and altered the
fstab to include these lines:

/dev/sdd1               /mnt/usb_232GB          auto    user,auto   0 0
/dev/sde1               /mnt/usb_93GB           auto    user,auto   0 0

Both drives have been formatted as ext3. I can access both but can't
write to them except as root. How can I make them write-accessible to
all users?

Thanks for the help!  --Jerry