Creating a local repository

Timothy Selivanow timothy.selivanow at virtualxistenz.com
Mon Aug 4 20:51:10 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-08-04 at 16:39 -0400, Bill Davidsen wrote:
> All I want to know is if it works for anyone, if not I can just throw it
> in bugzilla. Since it works in FC[678] I assume it's a release issue,
> since the calling syntax is unchanged.

$ createrepo ./createrepo-test/
4/4 -
bind-utils-9.2.4-28.el4.i386.rpm
Saving Primary metadata
Saving file lists metadata
Saving other metadata
$ ls ./createrepo-test/repodata/
filelists.xml.gz  other.xml.gz  primary.xml.gz  repomd.xml

I used random RPMs that I had laying around in my home dir.  So as you
can see it works, and I'm sure someone would be able to help you if you
posted the errors...

--Tim