F 9 problems to install

Per Anton Ronning pa-ronn at online.no
Tue Aug 5 13:06:28 UTC 2008

I connected my former CRT to the new PC, and then I got a GUI screen -
sort of. It is distorted and messy, and the cursor arrow is not always
obeying the mouse,  and it leaves "marks" in the background color like
an eraser in a drawing tool.
It obviously needs some configuration.
I managed via <alt>F1 to open the  menu, and I tried out some screen
settings and screwed up the screen by chosing the wrong m x n setting.
Then it is not easy to get back since the screen is unreadable.  The
NVIDIA is now set to vesa.
So I got a small step ahead, but not much.
I cannot even remember which config file is containing the
n x m setting - such problems are very seldom, so I forget.
But as far as I can see now, the whole thing boils down to a screen
config problem, so I would be grateful for some pointers in the right
direction from those of you who have installed F 9.

Regards
PAR