Fedora Infinity: A Dumb Question?

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 7 14:26:52 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-08-07 at 06:53 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-08-07 at 08:30 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:

> > > ----
> > > I have used preupgrade and it worked.
> > >
> > > But preupgrade wasn't what Armin recommended or talked about.
> > >
> > > Craig
> > >
> > Neither was I talking about preupgrade. If upgrading worked for you, you
> > were one of the lucky ones. It sometimes worked for me.
> ----
> I guess I don't know what your contribution to this thread is then because I quoted your statement above where you said you hadn't used preupgrade and then you come back and say that you have.
>
> Craig

Craig,
I don't know why we have such trouble communicating. I said I upgraded
from one distribution to the next. I did not say I used preupgrade to do
it.
I am willing to listen to your testimony, but I am unaware that you can
upgrade from F8 to F9 by using yum upgrade. At some point you would have
to change the repos. Are you aware of anyone doing what Armin
suggests,i.e. performing an upgrade essentially to a new distribution
using yum upgrade alone.

I am willing to learn something new, if that can be done.

You'll feel devilish tonight. Toss dynamite caps under a flamenco
dancer's heel.
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net