KDE 4.1: Evolution no longer saves password; keyring doesn't work?

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 18:29:39 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-08-07 at 20:40 +0300, Gilboa Davara wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-08-07 at 10:22 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

> > > Please ignore. Manually restarting gnome-keyring-daemon solved the
> > > problem.
> >
> > Could you elaborate? I'm having the same problem. Do you mean you
> > restart gnome-keyring-daemon each time after logging in but before
> > starting Evo?
> >
> > poc
> >

> Seems like it.
> When you log on, start gnome-keyring-manager - you'll get access denied.

When I log in, it's already running:

% pgrep -fl key
16028 /usr/bin/gnome-keyring-daemon -d --login
%

> Kill the gnome-keyring-daemon and start it manually - and everything
> works just fine.

I killed it and then simply started Evo (without starting the keyring
daemon explicitly) and it asked for my keyring password (which is
different from my login password), followed by the password for one of
my accounts but not the other. Now I have:

% pgrep -fl key
16498 /usr/bin/gnome-keyring-daemon --foreground --components=keyring
%

poc