permissions- still not an answer to my question

roland roland at cat.be
Fri Aug 8 10:25:06 UTC 2008

On Thu, 07 Aug 2008 11:54:25 +0200, Anne Wilson
<cannewilson at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Thursday 07 August 2008 10:32:59 roland wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I moved the homedirectories from one server to another.
>> Somehow the permissons got mixed up.
>> Is there anyway to check permissions?
>
> It's probably the ownership rather than the permissions that has
> changed.  'ls -l filename' will show you an example of who owns that
> directory's files at the moment, then
>
> chown -R newowner:groupname /path/to/directory/
>
> should get you up and running again.
>
> Anne

I can check easely owner and group but what I would like to find is a
script that checks the permissions. I remember, sorry to mention it, SCO
unix, they had a utility to check the entire installation.
Like for example .dmrc, in the home dir, need to have a 644 permission.
What permissions should the other .dir have, like .gnome, .evolution eso.

roland