Importing locked private ssh key

Colin Paul Adams colin at colina.demon.co.uk
Sat Aug 9 13:47:33 UTC 2008

I have the following in my .bash_profile:

keychain --eval id_dsa
seahorse-agent

Whenever I login to X11, I am prompted for the passphrase, which I
enter (no problem).

then whenever I first try to do an ssh, I get a dialog box which says
something like:

The system wants to import a private key id_dsa, but cannot as it is
locked. Enter a passphrase to unlock it.

I enter the passphrase, and the dialog closes.

I then have to try the ssh command again.

And for the whole session, whenever I do an ssh comand, i get:

Enter passphrase for key '/home/colin/.ssh/id_dsa':

So the whole point of seahorse-agent is defeated.

What is this import/locked problem all about? How do i fix it?
--
Colin Adams
Preston Lancashire