Stripes on screen after installing Fedora

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 22:58:42 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-08-10 at 00:44 +0200, Bjørn Ivar Johnsen wrote:
> The only thing is that I do not know how to work this"# rpm -ivh
> http://rpm.livna.org/livna-release-9.rpm"... where do i enter this
> text?
> Hope you bear with me, I have never tried anything like this before. I
> suspect that I have to boot up, press "a" then "3", and then it should
> come
> to some interface where I can write this commands!?!

Exactly. Or you could do what someone else suggested: boot normally and
when you get the flashing stripes hit Ctrl-Alt-F1 (i.e. hold down the
Control and Alt keys and hit the F1 function key). That will switch you
to Virtual Console number 1, which is a text-mode terminal. Log in as
root and then type the commands as Marcelo said.

(By default you actually have 7 virtual consoles. Numbers 1-6 are text
mode and number 7 is the graphical interface).

This is *way* more fun than Windows :-)

poc