Project Stick In The Mud :-)

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 10 00:57:26 UTC 2008

> I saw a message go past not too long ago about making
> fedora 10 the best ever. If anyone has any desire to
> cater to reactionary stick-in-the-mud users like me who
> hate
> almost everything new, then take a look at:
>
>    http://home.att.net/~Tom.Horsley/stick.html
>
> (Half rant, half useful information, OK maybe 70% rant)
>
> Maybe fedora 10 can get some features that make it simpler
> to disable annoying "improvements" instead of
> just
> assuming everyone will always be thrilled by them.
>
> Or, if there are things you also find annoying, perhaps
> that page will help you discover how to disable them
> and join in the stick-in-the-mud community :-).
>
> --

Tom,

Thank you for sharing that.  It can be useful at one point or another.  I have a question, you run fvwm.  Do you know, if Fedora has LXDE in its repositories.

http://lxde.org/about.html

It is a bit lighter than XFCE.  I was looking forward to XFCE in Fedora for one of my "ancient machines".  I tried Xubuntu and it is very heavy and the machine stuggles to do anything.  Maybe with LXDE, blackbox, fvwm or other lighweight DE, I can run Fedora on it.  This for when I get back to school in about 2-3 weeks.

Regards,

Antonio