For anyone experienced with the IETF and RFCs ??

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Aug 10 04:15:24 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-08-09 at 14:49 -0400, William Case wrote:
> I thought there would have to some kind of institutional illogic
> involved.  Glade I asked.

I presume, that by now, you've read the avian carrier RFC?  ;-)

Anything with a committee approach is somewhat divorced from reality,
while being an essential part of keeping some things going.  A necessary
evil, sometimes.  Take the internet, for example...  You could either
have a completely proprietary system, that would only be usable for some
people, or you could have the organised chaos that we now have, where
the chaos is organised by those who actually want to use it.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.11-97.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.