Stripes on screen after installing Fedora

Teo Fonrouge fedora-list at windtelsoft.com
Sun Aug 10 17:38:03 UTC 2008

On Sunday 10 August 2008 11:53:42 am Bjørn Ivar Johnsen wrote:
> Sorry, I think I said it wrong before.. I have not been able to
> actually install Fedora!

Ok, we have to solve the installation problem first.

> I just come as far as trying to install, where I get all this error
> messages.

What errors ?, Can you please give some more details ?

You mean the stripes on graphical screen ?

> Is there anything at all I can do to make this work now??

Just give us more details on where and what are the errors that appear.

> Seems like I have tried anything there is, and still not getting any
> futher!
> Could anyone please tell me exactly how I am supposed to install
> Fedira, and if I have to write something, please tell me exactly how I
> should proceed with that too, as I am suspecting im nit doing this
> right?!

I recommend you to try first a Live CD (Gnome or KDE) to discard some hardware
problems.

Can you install a Live Fedora in your machine ?

best regards

Teo Fonrouge