Stripes on screen after installing Fedora

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 18:41:43 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-08-10 at 18:43 +0200, Bjørn Ivar Johnsen wrote:
> My networksproblem are now fixed, but I still cannot install fedora.
> It just says that there was an abnormal termination or something like
> that, and just ask me to reboot, which I do, just to get the exact
> same problem next!

You need to tell us exactly what it says and exactly when. Also, are you
booting into mode 3 or not?

> Am beginning to wonder that it just was not ment to be;(
>
>   1. Should I use the "Live DVD or the install DVD?

Either should work, but I'd go for the Install DVD.

> 2. How do I manually install the nvidia driver, as it seems that there
> is no other way for me to do that?!

You've already been told this more than once (maybe you haven't read all
the replies yet). Configure the Livna repository and do a "yum install
kmod-nvidia". Then reboot.

poc