Project Stick In The Mud :-)

Russell Miller duskglow at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 20:40:02 UTC 2008

> In all fairness Russel, unless you specifically want to mess with this
> problem, the common way is to use Livna/Atrpms.. Livna even has a
> kernel independent package whose name i can't remember which
> will/should work with any kernel.
>
> So really, you chose the toughest way if you ran into that problem.

How so?  Livna repo isn't installed by default from what I can see - maybe
you know to do that and maybe I could have looked it up if it had occurred
to me - but how would a newbie know to do that?

> Also, how is hardware support Linux (the kernel) fault and not the
> people from whom you purchased, with money, your hardware?

I'm not saying it is.  I already specifically said that I know the kernel
guys aren't at fault for most of this.  I really don't *care* who's at
fault.  It's just not working, and that's my point.

--Russell