fc9 install

Fennix cn.stefan at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 04:55:03 UTC 2008

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 8:45 AM, Paul Newell <pnewell at cs.cmu.edu> wrote:

> Ken:
>
> If you see later post, I provided output from 3 of the vterms (f3,f4,f5)
> and am still looking into how to get around the fact that I think there
> isn't a driver that works for the DVD in the machine. That being said, I
> never did try a power off, power on, boot off DVD w/o media check.
>
> Suggestions from any and all welcome (right now I am burning 6 CD boot
> media to see if the CD is at least understood for booting.
>
> Thanks,
> Paul
>
> Ken Murray wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Aug 9, 2008 at 1:25 PM, Paul Newell <pnewell at cs.cmu.edu> wrote:
>>

>>> Put them in DVD/CD drive of Linux box. I ran the media check and it
>>> successfully verified. Continuing on, the disk ejects with an error box
>>> that
>>> say, in text in upper left, "ok" and has a button to push which says, of
>>> course, "ok". Both DVDs do this and I tried on two different Linux boxes.
>>> Let's just say I'm not getting too many hints out of the process of what
>>> might be going on.
>>>

>> Now that you know the media passes the media check, have you tried
>> just booting off the DVD and skipping the media check?
>>

> --

I think that Ken Murray has the right idea.  My experience with the
installation of F9 is the same.  When I do the media check it reports a good
disk and then cannot continue the installation.  Reboot and skip the media
check and the installation proceeds normally.  On my system this has always
been the case for the numerous F9 install/re-installs that I have needed to
do.

Fennix