Project Stick In The Mud :-)

Matthew Saltzman mjs at clemson.edu
Mon Aug 11 07:33:53 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-08-10 at 18:38 -0700, Russell Miller wrote:

        > On Sun, 2008-08-10 at 14:35 -0700, Russell Miller wrote:
        >
        >        May be time to change my choice of OS, or just to keep
        using it
        >        and start bitching, because that seems to be what you
        guys are
        >        looking for.
        >
        > Well, take a tone of constructive criticism, posing problems
        and seeking
        > solutions (and posting solutions when you find them), rather
        than just
        > bellyaching.  And file bugs, file bugs, file bugs!

        Dude, I do, I just get really frustrated sometimes when I want
        something to
        work and I have to spend hours trying to find the problem.  I'm
        professional systems administrator and I get enough of that at
        work.  :-)

I can empathize.  Remember, there are lots of bugs and limited resources
to kill them.  Keep the pressure up, but don't alienate the bug fixers.

Note that being Bugzilla'ed is a necessary condition for a bug to be
fixed, but the converse (sufficient condition) does not hold, in
general.

        You'll note that I did find the problem and shared the solution.
        I may be a
        little bitchy at times but I always figure it out in the end.

And as a member of the user community, I appreciate your willingness to
volunteer (seen elsewhere in the thread).

        --Russell

--
                Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences