Stripes on screen after installing Fedora

Björn Persson bjorn at xn--rombobjrn-67a.se
Mon Aug 11 22:52:27 UTC 2008

måndagen den 11 augusti 2008 skrev Mike Chambers:
> On Mon, 2008-08-11 at 19:17 +0200, Björn Persson wrote:
> > Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > >
> > > Actually it's /etc/X11/xorg.conf.
> >
> > It was until recently. In my Fedora 9 system it's /etc/xorg.conf.
>
> How did that happen (for it to be in /etc)?  Cause it has been going
> to /etc/X11/ dir for a while now.  I think you need to look again,
> unless you make a link or something and did it yourself.

I don't know what program created the file initially but it has a comment in
it that says "Xorg configuration created by system-config-display".

I have used system-config-display and I have edited the file by hand but I
have not moved it. I was surprised to find that it wasn't in /etc/X11 as it
was in Fedora 8.

Björn Persson