Stripes on screen after installing Fedora

Björn Persson bjorn at xn--rombobjrn-67a.se
Tue Aug 12 10:04:36 UTC 2008

Tim wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-08-11 at 19:17 +0200, Björn Persson wrote:
> > In my Fedora 9 system it's /etc/xorg.conf.
>
> Not here.

How odd. Maybe it depends on how the file is initially created?

> That sounds more like you've moved it out of the way.

I would have known if I had done that.

> Is it actually being used?  You don't need a configuration file, most of
> the time, these days.  So the chances are that it's not being used.

I had a problem with the resolution for a while, before Intel's driver got
fixed, and fiddled a lot with xorg.conf to diagnose the problem, first
through system-config-display and then by hand. I assure you that
editing /etc/xorg.conf did affect the resolution.

Björn Persson