Is Apache included with Fedora

Björn Persson bjorn at xn--rombobjrn-67a.se
Tue Aug 12 10:24:38 UTC 2008

Adil Drissi wrote:
> I want to use Apache-Mysql-Php in my fedora 8.
> I did "yum install apache" the result was "no package apache available" but
> httpd is already installed.
>
> So i want to know if apache is installed in my machine under the name httpd
> or i have to download it myself. If it is already installed please tell me
> how to start it.

In the philosophy of teaching a man to fish rather than giving him a fish,
I'll give you this tip:

If you run "rpm --query --info httpd" you'll get a description of the package
where it says, among other things, "Apache HTTP Server".

If you don't know the name of the package you can ask about the package that
owns a certain file, for example "rpm --query --info --file /usr/sbin/httpd".

Björn Persson