F8 vs F9

Russell Miller duskglow at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 15:05:13 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 7:05 AM, Mike -- EMAIL IGNORED <
m_d_berger_1900 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I need to install a few new systems in the next
> few weeks.  My requirements are: apache; C++ code
> development; netfilter; KDE; openvpn; and above
> all, stability.  I have heard a rumor that I might
> be better off with F8 than F9.  Is this true?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike.

You know, those on this list may beat me up for this, but if you're looking
for stability and least fuss, I'd suggest CentOS instead.  As someone else
pointed out, Fedora is for people who want to get their hands dirty and try
out the bleeding edge - and it doesn't sound like that's what you're after.

Guys, I'm not dissing you, just suggesting what I think is the right tool
for the job.  Not everything is a nail. :-)

--Russell