Live USB-stick format - SOLVED

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 13 08:04:21 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 12 August 2008 18:42, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> Bill Davidsen wrote:
> > Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:

A Mandriva user suggested a command that would put syslinux onto the drive.
It didn't work, nor did any reasonable variation that I could think of, so,
having nothing to lose, I employed rule 99:  When in doubt, cheat.

I stuck a usb fedora stick and the mandriva stick in while running xandros,
and copied syslinux from fedora to mandriva.  I didn't expect it to work but
it did, and Mandriva is working perfectly happily now.

All that's left is to do a usb stick with windows, and I can handle pretty
much anything from my EeePC :-)

Anne