PAN Failure -- Help

Mike -- EMAIL IGNORED m_d_berger_1900 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 13 13:46:24 UTC 2008

On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 08:30:29 -0500, Roger Heflin wrote:

[...]
> The error is not terribly useful, I doubt there is going to be a better
> suggestion than to try a few files at a time, though you may be able to
> run "strace -o pan.out -f pan" on the command line and see what was the
> last file being accessed by pan and guess which file is the
> troublemaker.
>
> If you can isolate it down to a single file you might look at that file
> and see if it is obviously wrong.
>
> Though, It may just be that something in the cache is odd and causing
> the crash.
>
>                             Roger

Back on my desktop.  The problem was solved by removing tasks.nzb .
The software created a new one.  The file is a 166 line XML file;
a quick look did not show any problem, but I did not spend much
time on it.  Unless advised otherwise, I intend to discard it.
If anyone wants to see it, please let me know, and I'll post it.

Thanks again,
Mike.