Where the h%^&^%$#! is KDE 4.1 ? Part II

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Aug 13 23:37:24 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-08-13 at 18:28 -0500, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 4:43 PM, linuxguy <linuxguy123 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Its now 2 weeks past the end of July, when we were told KDE 4.1 would
> > ship.  I've been stuck with this crappy, half working KDE 4.0 interface
> > for 6 weeks.  You could say I'm a bit miffed.
> >
> > Say whatever you want about Fedora being bleeding edge, etc, but this is
> > by far the worst release Fedora and Redhat has ever done.   As far as I
> > am concerned, the KDE team has knocked the credibility of Linux, Fedora
> > and the KDE team itself way, way back.
> >
> > I am very disappointed with the current state of the Linux desktop as
> > demonstrated in F9.  The people that allowed KDE4.0 to ship in F9 showed
> > a huge lapse in judgement.
> >
> > Still upset about being stuck with KDE4.0,
> > LG
>

> Why did you update to KDE 4.0?
----
let it die...even with 4.1 (at least from what I've seen from
updates-testing), there's still feature regression which is the OP's
complaint - and it's valid.

some of us are willing to give KDE the benefit of the doubt and think
that it will ultimately be a better desktop manager but griping was
inevitable.

Craig