laptop keyboard soaked by a soft drink!

bruce bedouglas at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 14 04:39:50 UTC 2008

Hey guys...

Screwed up and spilled a soft drink on my laptop keyboard (toshiba
satellite). The keyboard was working, but sticky, so I decided to remove the
keyboard and rinse it in distilled water and let it thoroughly dry in the
hot sun.

Long story short, some of the keys are no longer working... Looks like I'm
going to have to order a new/replacement keyboard. Any thoughts on what
direction I might take on this.

Oh, by the way, when I boot up the system, the system gives an alert,
doesn't go through the CD/HDrive process. When I select the HD from the boot
process the system boots up... I can deal with this though, as I don't boot
the laptop that often..

Any thoughts on the keyboard issue would be useful.

Thanks