Weird behaviour in Gnome/F9: "Places->My Home" fails.

joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de
Thu Aug 14 13:39:21 UTC 2008

joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> running F9 with Gnome as GUI. Since a few days, calling the menus
> Places->My Home fails with presenting an error popup:
>
> 	Could not open location 'file:///usr/people/backes/Desktop'
> 	No application is registered as handling this file.
>
> (/usr/people/backes is my home directory). The same happens with
> Places->Desktop. See attachment.
>
> On the other hand, klicking "My home" on the desktop runs perfectly.
>
> Similar experiences?
>
> All advice is welcome.
>
> Regards
>
> Joachim Backes <joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de>

Hi,

I could solve the problem by clicking to some (arbitrary) folder on the
desktop with the right mouse button, the saying: "Open with Other
application" and chosing nautilus as app. Then the places menu has been
repaired for "My Home" and "Desktop".

--
Joachim Backes <joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de>