F8(1) vs multimedia production(0)

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 18:56:02 UTC 2008

Craig White wrote:

> ----
> sysV services were never intended to launch processes that only run in
> user space.

And sound services don't really have much to do with a user login or GUI.

> I suppose you could do a 'man pulseaudio' or just blindly figure out
> that a SIGHUP will restart a process (even alsa).

Does that tell you how to reconfigure fedora to run a sound server that
isn't tied to a user?  I think pulseaudio is capable of this, but 'man
pulseaudio' probably doesn't tell you how to undo the stock fedora setup.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com