F8(1) vs multimedia production(0)

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Aug 15 15:15:42 UTC 2008

Tim:
>> But it doesn't, the quoted text is right at the top of the page.
>> That's not exactly conducive to typing there.

Patrick O'Callaghan:
> IIRC this is actually what it used to do (I may be wrong).

It's what it actually does, here...

> Why it stopped doing that but didn't go the whole hog and actually put
> the cursor at the bottom is something I don't understand. The current
> behaviour looks like something no-one is likely to be happy with.

There's just no pleasing some people.../python  ;-)

> Also, moving the cursor to the bottom can only be done using the mouse

Nup, I didn't need the mouse to move it.  If anything, having the mouse
at the top is quicker for when first remove extraneous quoted material.
Most replies require quite a bit of snippage, often in more than one
place.

> The insane thing is that it still does this even when you quote
> selectively, i.e. when it's even more likely that you want to add
> something *after* the quoted material.

Yes, in that case, it would make more sense to place the cursor at the
end.

I'm not saying Evolution's not annoying (he says, smirking at the pun),
but I find other clients even more so.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.11-97.fc9.i686