F8(1) vs multimedia production(0)

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 21:24:20 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-08-15 at 12:29 -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:

> > [...]
> >> Why do you care where the editor thinks you want the cursor?  Put it
> >> where _you_ want it.  And delete junk as you go.
> >
> > Because I'm lazy and want it to DWIM (Do What I Mean). You mean to say
> > that's not what everyone wants?
>
> Even if you don't care about cleaning up the context you are about to
> force everyone else to wade through

You mean like I just did when replying to you? Why do you keep mixing up
the default initial cursor placement with editing the context?

> you have to be really, really lazy
> to not be able to punch control-end or control-home to jump from one end
> to the other.

Not so much lazy as ignorant. I have to say I have never heard of this.
I've never used an editor where this is the standard (neither vi nor
emacs work this way). I see OpenOffice does, but I can't say I think of
word-processing commands when using an email composer. Maybe I'm just
old-fashioned.

BTW the Evo documentation says nothing about it that I can see, neither
in the online help nor in the quick reference sheet.

poc