F8(1) vs multimedia production(0)

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Aug 15 23:22:51 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-08-15 at 12:26 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> What I *am* saying is that certain policies encourage certain
> behaviour. IMHO the incidence of top-posting on this and other lists
> is in some degree caused by these policies, since many users simply
> can't be bothered moving the cursor from its default position.

About the only thing that's going to work is a whacking great big prompt
*in* the mail client that points to the space below and says:  "Type your
reply down here."  Clues need a clue-by-four.  Those that ignore the
clue need a red hot branding iron.

In all serious, without an explicit instruction, well ahead of time,
some people are never going to know better, never mind about those who
don't give a damn.

Screenshot:  http://imagebin.ca/view/BRrykNv.html  which is deliberately
over-the-top, to be amusing.  I had thought of using GIF, so I could
make it flash, but I think that might have been going too far.  ;-)

I tried posting it here, but it didn't seem to make it through.  So
rather than risk a double *big* post, reposting it, I've put the image
separate from the message.  If there's a size limit to attachments on
this list, I don't know what it is, and it doesn't seem to notify the
original poster about any rejections.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.11-97.fc9.i686