Need application suggestions for ripping to Cowon A3 PVP

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 16 19:11:54 UTC 2008

On Friday 15 August 2008 15:00:20 Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-08-14 at 18:55 -0700, Dean S. Messing wrote:

> > So, perhaps I'll be able to use the tags + Amarok to organise
> > all the music, and then write the file structure out to
> > the Cowon?

<snip>

> Grip is reasonable, also Sound Juicer, also k3b. There are several
> others.

I haven't tried the very new Amarok 2 yet, but certainly Amarok one was very
good at detecting the usb connection and copying music onto the players, even
if they are not well-known names.

k3b will rip mp3, ogg and wav all in one batch, if required, but for
simplicity I like grip.  It does, of course, require lame or another encoder
if mp3 is desired.

Anne