network vs NetworkManger services ?? [SOLVED] kinda

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 00:45:01 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-08-16 at 18:41 -0400, William Case wrote:
> So why can't I get rid of 'network' entirely?  I understand that
> 'network' is not an application to be removed, but something is
> sticking it in the list of services.  With NetworkManager running,
> 'network' is not a service I need.  So why confuse the issue?

Bill, if your question is "why do I get a network status report when I
invoke 'service network status'?" the answer is that the status is
simply a report on the state of the various interfaces. It has nothing
whatever to do with you using system-config-network.

If that's not your question, I'm at a loss to understand what it is.

Cheers

poc