dual-link monitors under f9?

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wolfgang.rupprecht+gnus200808 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 02:26:56 UTC 2008

"Wolfgang S. Rupprecht" <wolfgang.rupprecht+gnus200808 at gmail.com>
writes:
> I should have my MSI card on Monday so I'll be able to report back how
> F9's Xorg gets along with it.

Just a quick note on the MSI R3450-TD256H framebuffer card; it does
work under f9 and the stock Xorg.  It isn't accelerated though and the
XV video extension doesn't work yet.  This means that the card is
quite a bit slower than my old lowly ATI Radeon 9200, (200 fps instead
of 1200 fps in glxgears) and that videos can't be scaled to fill the
full screen.  Videos only play at their native size, with the window
having a very generous black border if you try to increase the size.
Still the card is a fanless dual-link dvi card.

(I know the Xorg folks are busy writing the code for the 3d and XV
stuff.  If the reported performance under MS is any indication, this
card should be quite a bit faster once the Xorg drivers have caught
up.)

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht              http://www.full-steam.org/  (ipv6-only)
         You may need to config 6to4 to see the above pages.