network vs NetworkManger services ??

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 13:46:14 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-08-16 at 19:52 -0800, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> You already found the connections area under gconf...NM holds
> information in there about connections its name in there.

Somewhat OT, but is anyone else slightly concerned about the fact that
NM seems to be dependant on gconf, i.e. Gnome? I fail to see how the
underlying plumbing of network setup relates to a specific desktop,
especially when the same plumbing is needed even if there is no desktop.
It seems like a very Windows-like view of the world to me.

Or am I misunderstanding something?

poc