F7 on EeePC : how to connect??

Roopnarine, Peter proopnarine at calacademy.org
Sun Aug 17 17:59:13 UTC 2008

Even though you might have an older eee PC model, I suggest that you install
Fedora 9 on it. Even Fedora 8 is lacking suitable drivers. I recently used
liveusb creator to download and install Fedora 9-KDE on an eee PC 4G. The
live boot worked fine and the machine networked instantly with a DHCP
connection via LAN cable. I installed from the live desktop, using the
default partition scheme, and everything was fine upon reboot. I then
instrall kmod-madwifi package, and after another reboot, wireless was up and
running. I travel a lot, and I have to say that my experience with the
capabilities and convenience of the eee PC are very different from yours. I
am able to do a lot of work remotely, but I even have the Gimp installed on
the thing.
Peter

Peter D. Roopnarine, Assoc. Curator
Dept. of Invertebrate Zoology & Geology
California Academy of Sciences
875 Howard St.
San Francisco CA 94103
USA

http://zeus.calacademy.org/roopnarine/peter.html
http://www.calacademy.org/blogs
Tel. (415)379-5271
"There's a thing about Americans. We're not very good occupiers." Judgement
at Nuremberg