network vs NetworkManger services ??

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 23:55:54 UTC 2008

On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 5:46 AM, Patrick O'Callaghan
<pocallaghan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Or am I misunderstanding something?

I think you should get acquainted with the NM roadmap, specifically
the work concerning how user connections are going to be publishable
as system wide settings so NM can bring up interfaces at boot

And if you are KDE user then you should check in with how kde4.1 plans
to interfaces with NM.  I'm not a kde user, so I can't tell you. All I
can tell you is that the release notes for kde 4 and the betas leading
up to 4.1 have mentioned NM integration.  There's absolutely no reason
that each and every desktop that wants to can implement its on user
session daemon to communicate with the system level daemon via D-Bus.
I'm pretty sure for KDE 4.x there is something native to fill the role
that nm-applet does. But since I'm not a KDE users I'm not going to
pretend to understand it to the point of explaining it.

-jef
.