spooky coincidence or disk killer virus?

Russell Miller duskglow at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 01:56:02 UTC 2008

On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 6:47 PM, Tom Horsley <tom.horsley at att.net> wrote:

> For a little while, this was one of those flash-boom varieties with
> no time delay between flash and boom, so some of them were indeed
> pretty close.

No time delay?  Yeah, I think you found the source of your problem.

Since there was no delay, that means they had to be at 1/5th of a mile or
closer (for about 200ms delay, which is not really all that perceptible).
That's a thousand feet.  Much closer than that and you're going to see
effects.  So, yeah.

--Russell