Bluetooth headset in Fedora 9

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Mon Aug 18 16:12:48 UTC 2008

On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 20:12:34 +0530
scmuser at gmail.com ("Steve Repo") wrote:

> I have fedora 9 x86_64 install with all updates up-to-date.
>
> I have Belkin USB dongle that works with my Motorola Phone (I can
> browse my phone over bluetooth)
>
> I bought a Jabra 125 bluetooth headset that workswith my Motorola
> Phone.
>
> I want to use this headset with fedora for making calls via ekiga.
>
> I have no clue how to get this going. I found a sad link here,
> http://fedorasolved.org/post-install-solutions/bluetooth-headset-config

That link is out of date/no longer the way to do things. ;)

Instead take a look at:

http://wiki.bluez.org/wiki/HOWTO/AudioDevices

Basically you should just need to populate your ~/.asoundrc with your
headsets bluetooth address and it should work.

Sadly, here I get the "sco packet for unknown connection" error, which
is apparently a kernel issue with encrypted/non encrypted
connections. ;(

Hope that helps, and please let us know how it goes.

kevin