Fedora upgrade from 6 to 9

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wolfgang.rupprecht+gnus200808 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 16:58:56 UTC 2008

Aaron Konstam <akonstam at sbcglobal.net> writes:
> If you do a fresh install and save the /home , and /etc directories
> before install most of the configuration files will be retained and can
> be copied to the new installation.

I second that.

In fact, I like to go one step further and just take out the current
drive, put a spare in and do a clean install of the latest fedora on
that.  The advantage is that if for some reason the latest fedora
isn't usable I can always go back to the old version by swapping the
disk back.

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht              http://www.full-steam.org/  (ipv6-only)
         You may need to config 6to4 to see the above pages.