Where the h%^&^%$#! is KDE 4.1 ? Part II

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 19 03:02:09 UTC 2008

--- On Mon, 8/18/08, Ric Moore <wayward4now at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Ric Moore <wayward4now at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: Where the h%^&^%$#! is KDE 4.1 ? Part II
> To: "For users of Fedora" <fedora-list at redhat.com>
> Date: Monday, August 18, 2008, 7:50 PM
> On Wed, 2008-08-13 at 15:43 -0600, linuxguy wrote:
> > Its now 2 weeks past the end of July, when we were
> told KDE 4.1 would
> > ship.  I've been stuck with this crappy, half
> working KDE 4.0 interface
> > for 6 weeks.  You could say I'm a bit miffed.
> >
> > Say whatever you want about Fedora being bleeding
> edge, etc, but this is
> > by far the worst release Fedora and Redhat has ever
> done.   As far as I
> > am concerned, the KDE team has knocked the credibility
> of Linux, Fedora
> > and the KDE team itself way, way back.
> >
> > I am very disappointed with the current state of the
> Linux desktop as
> > demonstrated in F9.  The people that allowed KDE4.0 to
> ship in F9 showed
> > a huge lapse in judgement.
>
> I've got vanilla KDE 3.5.4 on my new CentOS install,
> rock solid, got all
> the multimedia libs I could want, so far nothing breaks, it
> works like I
> want. I also installed Kubuntu. I have to be careful not to
> apt-get any
> KDE package that smells like ver.4 just to make sure that
> doesn't get
> drug into my system. Kubuntu does get under my nerves
> without a root
> login to a root desktop. But, it IS slick. Ric
>
> --

you can get a root password on Kubuntu as well if you hate sudo :)

http://www.ubuntugeek.com/enable-and-disable-ubuntu-root-password.html

$ sudo passwd root

One of my students told me that after I told him that I hated sudo :), he told me you can run like you in your beloved Fedora.  It does not have to be sudo ?????

<humor>
sudo in Spanish means "I sweat alot" :(
</humor>

Regards,