How to search the Fedora List

Frode Petersen fropeter at online.no
Tue Aug 19 18:22:41 UTC 2008

Tom Horsley:
> On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 09:41:39 -0500
> Aaron Konstam <akonstam at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>> Searching the Fedora List came up in another thread. I thought this
>> important enough information to have a thread of its own. See web link
>> below:
>> http://marc.info/?l=fedora-list&r=1&w=2
>
> I always use google's advanced search page and specify the root web
> address of the mailing list archives. Works for pretty much everyone's
> mailing lists (except the folks who for some reason have configured
> their archives to not be scanned by search engines).

Just a funny little thing:
I don't get any hits from normal or advanced search when searching for
'googlesmithing' (a word in that other thread's title) nor for 'F9
boot-from-USB' (which should have shown the thread 'F9 boot-from-USB
MemStick?'). I can find other threads from august 2008, though, so it's
not ralated to the message being from the current month. Markmail.org
that Wayne mentioned finds those threads. (I don't work from them ;-) )

Any suggestions as to why?

FP