USB stick

Joonas Sarajärvi muepsj at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 20:45:21 UTC 2008

2008/8/19 Xavier Mas <xaviermasr at gmail.com>:
> Hi list,
>
> I recently installed Fedora 8 in my computer and when starts I'm getting a
> message that says: hub 1-0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 1.

My Fedora installations on my main desktop computer have always done
this since at least Fedora Core 6, depending a bit on which devices I
have connected. I don't have any USB related problems, though, so I'd
guess it is just a minor warning, and probably not the source of your
usb media problems.

> Then, when desktop is fully up I can't mount the USB stick (doesn't mount
> automatically when I insert it into the port).
>
> Seems a bad installation or maybe a bug. Any suggestions?

Could you post the output of dmesg after plugging in the USB stick?
Someone else may also have some other useful debugging commands for
this.

--
Joonas Sarajärvi
muepsj at gmail.com