F8(1) vs multimedia production(0)

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 22:43:13 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-08-19 at 17:03 -0500, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> Ric Moore wrote:
> >
> > It could also be said that it encourages the user to start at the top,
> > to remove all the cruft, as you go downwards to where you compose your
> > reply.
> >
> > Otherwise the lazy would start at the bottom and just add their
> > two-cents without removing extraneous text. It's all in the
> > perspectives. But for someone to say "I top-post because Gmail made me
> > do it!", has some real problems with the up-arrow / down-arrow keys.
> > Ric
> >
> We see enough of that type of reply on this list. You know it is bad
> when they don't even trim out the signatures or mailing list footers.

On our Wonderland list, most trim out everything and then just reply to
the subject. So, it's kinda like reading sticky notes all over the
place, if you don't have it sorted by threads. The vast majority top
post.

Owell! Maybe local LUG groups could visit elementary and high schools to
volunteer to teach the next generation how to post correctly?  :) Ric