How to search the Fedora List

Wayne Feick waf at brunz.org
Wed Aug 20 01:22:15 UTC 2008

Dave,

I mentioned MarkMail previously, but I'll add the following excerpt from
our FAQ. Either may give you what you're looking for.

Wayne.

        http://markmail.org/docs/faq.xqy

        Can I put a MarkMail search box on my site?

        Sure, and that can be convenient if you want to give people the
        opportunity to search messages without visiting the MarkMail
        site first. Just copy and paste this HTML into your site:

        <form action="http://markmail.org/search/list:tomcat"> Search
        MarkMail: <input type="text" name="q" size="50"/> <input
        type="submit" value="Search"/> </form>

        You should replace "tomcat" with the name of your list or
        project. You can adjust the default search constraint too. For
        example, the following searches messages sent by a particular
        person, in this case Sam Ruby:

        <form action="http://markmail.org/search/from:rubys"> Search
        MarkMail: <input type="text" name="q" size="50"/> <input
        type="submit" value="Search"/> </form>

        Replace "rubys" with the name of your desired poster. You can
        even combine terms, even negations, into the default search
        constraint.

        How do I add MarkMail to my browser's search box?

        If you are running a browser that supports OpenSearch browser
        search plugins such as FireFox v2 and above and Internet
        Explorer v7 and above, you can add a MarkMail search plugin to
        your browser by clicking here.

        Or, if you are running FireFox v1.x or Sherlock, you can add a
        MarkMail search plugin to your browser by clicking here.

        Then, to switch your browser's search box to use the MarkMail
        browser search plugin:

             1. Click on your browser's search box drop down menu
             2. Click on MarkMail

        Note that you can use all of MarkMail search syntax and
        modifiers in the browser search box.