How to export terminal to F9 using r-tools?

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Wed Aug 20 21:54:49 UTC 2008

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 14:46:00 +0100
"Marcelo M. Garcia" <marcelo.maia.garcia at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> How do I enable my Fedora 9 (x86) to accept terminals from other
> machines using r-tools? I cannot use ssh -X in this case.
>
> I tried to configure using /etc/gdm/custom.conf in the "xdmcp" option:
> Enable=true
> Port=177
> but it is not working.
>
> Thanks
>
> Marcelo

The last time I fooled with this, it appeared as though the -nolisten tcp
option is hard coded in the program that gdm uses to start the X server.
The best idea I've had is to replace the X server with a C program that
fiddles with the option string then exec()s the original X server
(but I haven't actually done it :-).

I ran it under strace and couldn't find anything that looked like a config
file it might be opening or trying to open to get server options.